Benzac Acne Solutions South Africa
Galderma Laboratories South Africa (Pty) Ltd
June 2016 | Version 1.0
This policy applies to the visitors and users of http://benzac.co.za/
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a customer who has ordered the goods that we provide.
Personal information includes:
- certain information collected on registration (see below); and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below);
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy)
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information – such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- address information – such as your physical or postal address.
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you visit our website or sign up to our newsletter. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not use our website or sign up to our newsletter.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website. If you continue to use the website following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
On newsletter subscription
Once you subscribe to our newsletter, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal information when you subscribe to our newsletter.
This personal information will include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address.
We will use this personal information to provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal information with a certain device. These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
- granting you access to age restricted content;
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences;
- improving how our website performs;
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
Third party cookies
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis ( optional information ). This includes content that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, comment on our discussions posts or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
Purpose for collection
We may use or process any services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
- marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
- legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with yourusage of the website.
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and notably the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013.
Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. We may wish to provide you with information about new goods in which we think you may be interested. This means that in some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. We will not send you promotional
messages unless you have chosen to opt-into them. But, we may send you one message asking you to opt-into promotional messages without you having opted-into promotional messages.
We do not share your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by emailing us or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before making any corrections to your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
- During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
Transfer to another country
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside the country in which it was collected in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in the country in which it was collected. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on our website or contacting us by phone or email.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.