Goal setting for success
What do you get when you combine your skills, talents, dreams and learning abilities? A perfect recipe for success, that’s what.
You can achieve anything you put your mind to, but how do you get there? You achieve your dreams by setting goals, of course. Here are some of our top steps to success:
Before you begin – evaluate
Download and use this handy free printable1, which we’ve designed just for you. Print it out and stick it up somewhere prominent where you can see it every day.
Take some time to sit down and think about the following questions. Write the answers down and then review them often to make sure you are still on the path to success.
1. What do I want out of life?
2. What gives me joy?
3. What do I enjoy doing the most?
4. What are my values?
5. Who is someone I admire and what characteristics do they have?
6. If I could solve a world problem, what would it be?
7. What am I really good at?
8. What motivates me?
9. Where do I see myself in five years?
Now set your goals
Once you have done this, the next step is to write down your goals. Start with three goals for the year.
Consider the following:
- Define your goals.
- Discuss and brainstorm the steps needed to achieve your goals. Do this step for each individual goal. If needed, research the goal online or at the library or talk to your parents or teachers for guidance on how to reach the goal.
- Go over the possible roadblocks to accomplishing your goals and how to deal with them. For example, are they financial problems or time constraints to accomplishing the goal?
- Make deadlines. Don’t be overwhelmed by large goals, set small goals to help meet the large goals.
Never give up
Sometimes life gets us down, but remember that whatever happens, you are capable of achieving success.
Write down your action plan for when you feel overwhelmed and don’t ever be afraid to ask for help.
Well done! You’ve started your amazing journey towards success.
Download and print out your very own goal setting plan here.1
Hyperlinks (both hyperlinks go to same resource):
Written by Lauren Espach
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. This blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the author and do not represent those of people,institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company or individual. The author will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The author will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
This policy is subject to change at anytime.